Saturday, October 27, 2012

Marriage

This week in my class we have been talking a lot about marriage and relationships. There are two things that I absolutely love talking about, children, and marriage. I didn't enjoy learning about marriage until after I got married, and all of a sudden my life revolves around it. I feel like I just constantly want to learn more so that I can add that and enhance my marriage. There were a few things from this weeks discussion that especially stood out to me that I really appreciate about my marriage and some things that I think are really important to marriage.

1. Appreciation. My husband expresses his appreciation of me daily. I hope I do the same, but I could probably improve. I think when you're constantly expressing appreciation, then you really do begin to appreciate your spouse more. It's sort of like a mind trick, you may thing you appreciate them, but when you tell them then it just convinces you further.

2. Dating. A husband and wife should continue to date throughout marriage. This is something that is a little bit different for me and my husband. While we regularly go on dates (at least once a week), our dates have had to be altered a little bit. We are poor college student, who are just getting poorer. Spending money to go eat dinner at a restaurant is a big deal for us. 20 bucks is a lot of money for us and we just can't drop that every week. But we try to find other things to do that are virtually cost free. This blog has some really good ideas http://decrescenzio.blogspot.com/2012/01/52-date-nights.html.



No comments:

Post a Comment